1972 Jim Smith 53 Convertible Sportfish
Pescadora Used Boat For Sale | ID# 6262328
Get More Info
53′ Jim Smith 1972
- Length Overall: 53′
- Beam: 15′ 4″
- Fuel: 550 gal
- Water: 125 gal
- Holding: 50 gal
- (2) Inboard diesel
- Cummins QSM8 @ 575|horsepower
The 53′ Jim Smith "Pescadora" was originally designed and built as hull #2 in 1972 by Jim Smith as his personal boat, The Boca Jima V. Jim Smith set the standards as one of the early innovators for the light weight epoxy cold molded process, used by numerous custom boat builders today.
The "Pescadora" received her first make over after Dick Moroso purchased the boat and changed her name to the "Speed Merchant." She was know as one of the fastest boats of her time and placed in several tournaments including the White Marlin Open to the Pelican Sailfish Tournament.
From 2008 to present "Pescadora’s" heritage lives on with it’s recent refits. From the Cummins QSM-8’s with 1100 hours, full interior re-fit, including:
- All New Plumbing
- All New Electrical
- All New HVAC Systems
- Along with All New Interior Finishes.
- The new exterior paint completed in 2015 by Bluewater Yacht Yards.
Over $1 million spent by the seller since purchase. Don’t miss out on this Pristine Sportfisherman with several modern comforts.
Spacious salon with L-shaped sofa, custom built teak table. Custom teak entertainment center with flat screen LCD HD satellite TV.
Galley up with new Kitchen-Aid drawer style refrigerator/freezer, Corian tops, custom bar and ice-maker. Galley features teak cabinets with teak and holly floors.
Down the companionway and to starboard is a large master stateroom with double berth below and oversize single berth above, hanging locker, drawer storage, new wall coverings with custom teak vanity. Forward is a full ensuite head and shower.
To the port are companionway bunks, with a port guest head.
The forward guest stateroom has over/under bunks with storage cabinets.
Salon & Galley
- Teak Walls
- Salon Carpeting
- L-Shaped Sofa w/ Rod & Tackle Storage
- Custom Built Teak Table
- Custom Built Teak and Burlwood Entertainment Center w/ New Flat Screen LCD HD Satellite TV
- Custom Built-in Bar with Norcold Ice Maker
- Soft Blinds w/ Valance
- Galley Teak & Holly Floors
- (2) Kitchen Aide Refrigerator Drawers
- (2) Kitchen Aide Freezer Drawers
- Stainless Steel Convection Microwave
- Corian Counter Tops with Built-in Stove
- Overhead LED Lights Throughout
Master Stateroom and Head
- Double Berth with Over-sized Single Berth above
- Custom Teak Corner Vanity with Settee
- Built-in Teak Drawer Storage
- Hanging Locker
- Head with larger Shower
- Parquet Floors
Guest Berths and Head
- Forward Guest Stateroom with Over/Under Single Bunks with Rod Storage to Port
- Forward Guest Starboard Custom Teak Storage Locker
- Companionway Over/Under Single Bunks with Rod Storage
- Port Side Guest Head with Parquet Floors and Custom Sink
Helm and Electronics
- Dual Northstar 958 GPS/Radar/Fish-finder
- Furuno RD30 Remote Navigation Data
- Simrad AP25 Auto-Pilot
- Twin Icom M-502 VHF Radios
- Cummins Digital Engine Displays
- Helm Pod Steering
- Hard-top with Three Sided Enclosure
- Dual Release Teak Helm Chairs
- Forward Helm Bench Seating with Rod Storage
- Oversized Cockpit
- Teak Covering Boards
- Teak Deck and Sub-Floor
- Release Fighting Chair w/ Rocket Launcher
- Freshwater and Saltwater Wash Down
- In-Deck Refrigerated Fish Box w/ Macerator
- In-Deck Livewell
- Large Built-in Deep Freezer
- Refrigerated Drink Box
- Tackle Storage & Bait Prep Station
- (6) Rod Holders
- Rupp Riggers
- Underwater Lights
- Twin Cummins QSM-8’s 575hp with Electronic Controls (2008)
- Northern Lights 8KW Generator (2008)
- Reverso Auto Oil Changer
- Headwater Freshwater System
- Charles Industries Battery Charger