1972 Jim Smith 53 Convertible
Pescadora Used Boat For Sale | ID# 6068245
Get More Info
53′ Jim Smith 1972
“Our Docks” Hampton, VA
- Length Overall: 53′
- Beam: 15′ 4″
- Fuel: 275 gal
- Water: 125 gal
- Holding: 50 gal
- (2) Inboard diesel
- Cummins QSM 8 @ 575|horsepower
The 53′ Jim Smith "Pescadora" was originally designed and built as hull #2 in 1972 by Jim Smith as his personal boat, "The Boca Jima V." Jim Smith set the standards as one of the early innovators for the light weight epoxy cold molded process, used by numerous custom boat builders today.
The "Pescadora" received her first make over after Dick Moroso purchased the boat and changed her name to the "Speed Merchant". "Speed Merchant" was know as one of the fastest boats of her time and placed in several tournaments including the White Marlin Open to the Pelican Sailfish Tournament.
From 2008 to present, "Pescadora’s" heritage lives on with it’s recent refits from the Cummins QSM-8’s with 1100 hours and full interior re-fit to include:
- All New Plumbing
- All New Electrical
- All New HVAC Systems
- Along with All New Interior Finishes.
- The new exterior paint completed in 2015 by Bluewater Yacht Yards.
Over $1 million spent by the seller since purchase. Don’t miss out on this Pristine Sportfisherman with several modern comforts.
Spacious salon with L-shaped sofa, custom built teak table. Custom teak entertainment center with flat screen LCD HD satellite TV.
Galley up with new Kitchen-Aid drawer style refrigerators, Corian Counter tops, custom bar and ice-maker. Galley features teak cabinets with teak and holly floors.
Down the companionway and to starboard is a large master stateroom with double berth below and oversize single berth above, hanging locker, drawer storage, new wall coverings with custom teak vanity. Forward is a full ensuite head and shower.
To the port are companionway bunks, with a port guest head.
The forward guest stateroom has over/under bunks with storage cabinets.
Salon and Galley
- Teak Walls
- Salon Carpeting
- L-Shaped Sofa w/ Rod & Tackle Storage
- Custom Built Teak and Burlwood Entertainment Center w/ New Flat Screen LCD HD Satellite TV
- Custom Built-in Bar with Norcold Ice Maker
- Soft Blinds w/ Valance
- Galley Teak & Holly Floors
- (4) Kitchen Aide Refrigerator Drawers
- Stainless Steel Convection Microwave
- Corian Counter Tops with Built-in Stove
- Overhead LED Lights Throughout
Master Stateroom and Head
- Double Berth with Over-sized Single Berth above
- Custom Teak Corner Vanity with Settee
- Built-in Teak Drawer Storage
- Hanging Locker
- Head with larger Shower
- Parquet Floors
Guest Berths and Head
- Forward Guest Stateroom with Over/Under Single Bunks with Rod Storage to Port
- Forward Guest Starboard Custom Teak Storage Locker
- Companionway Over/Under Single Bunks with Rod Storage
- Port Side Guest Head with Parquet Floors and Custom Sink
Helm and Electronics
- Dual Northstar 958 GPS/Radar/Fish-finder
- Furuno RD30 Remote Navigation Data
- Simrad AP25 Auto-Pilot
- Twin Icom M-502 VHF Radios
- Cummins Digital Engine Displays
- Helm Pod Steering
- Hard-top with Three Sided Enclosure
- Dual Release Teak Helm Chairs
- Forward Helm Bench Seating with Rod Storage
- Oversized Cockpit
- Teak Covering Boards
- Teak Deck and Sub-Floor
- Release Fighting Chair w/ Rocket Launcher
- Freshwater and Saltwater Wash Down
- In-Deck Fish Box w/ Macerator
- In-Deck Livewell
- Large Built-in Deep Freezer
- Drink Box
- Tackle Storage & Bait Prep Station
- (6) Rod Holders
- Rupp Riggers
- Underwater Lights
- Twin Cummins QSM-8’s 575hp with ZF Electronic Controls (2008)
- Northern Lights 8KW Generator (2008)
- Two Zone HVAC System
- Reverso Auto Oil Changer
- Headhunter Freshwater System
- Charles Industries Battery Charger
While we attempt to display current and accurate data, this listing may not reflect the most recent transactions or may contain occasional data entry errors. Selling agent makes no warranties, express or implied, regarding the content or availability of the products described herein. All inventory listed is subject to availability and prior sale. Please consult selling agent for details. Prices are quoted for the USA only and may not include transportation, taxes, or other applicable charges. Photographs may be representative only and may vary somewhat from the actual items offered for sale. We will not be responsible for inaccurate data obtained from our site. Please check with your local dealer to ensure that you have the latest information available. Information on this web site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes may be periodically made to the information or the products herein. Questions or comments regarding these policies may be directed to website hosting agent.