2019 VIKING 38 Billfish
38 Billfish In Stock New Boat For Sale | ID# 1259283
Get More Info
38 Billfish In Stock
38′ VIKING 2019
Viking 38 Billfish 2019 For Sale In Beaufort North Carolina
Call for Price
- Length Overall: 38′
- Beam: 3′ 4″ (1.02m)
- Maximum Draft: —
- Dry Weight: 30,953 lb
- Fuel: 460 gal
- Water: 69 gal
- Holding: —
- Engine 1: Cummins QSB6.7L 550hp
- Engine 2: Cummins QSB6.7L 550hp
This exciting new model will fill a vast void in the sportfishing boat market with a winning combination of versatility, performance and comfort. The 38 Billfish will make her debut at the Viking VIP, hosted by the Viking Yacht Service Center in Riviera Beach, Florida, February 1st and 2nd.
The 38 Billfish and 38 Open were designed and built with the same DNA as their predecessor, the 37 Billfish. As owner/operator vessels, they offer simplicity and ease of maintenance, serving as ready-to-go fishing machines equipped for inshore and offshore missions as well as versatile cruising boats with reliable inboard diesel power.
“The 37 Billfish was an instant success and has done so well we decided to make a commitment toward taking the Billfish concept to the next level,” says John Leek IV, General Manager of Viking Mullica where the Billfish series is being manufactured. “These are purpose-built Vikings geared toward day boating but with very comfortable overnighting and living accommodations.”
The 38 Billfish and 38 Open share the same hull, cockpit and have a similar mechanical arrangement but differ in command deck and bridge configurations. Their 109-square-foot cockpits are equipped with a laminated mounting plate in the deck for fighting chair, rocket launcher or table installations. Other features include in-deck insulated fish boxes port and starboard, a walk-through transom door and lift gate, a bait freezer with upper tray, a transom fish box and live well, rod holders, tackle storage and fresh and raw-water wash downs. Both boats feature two-person seats flanking the centerline walkthrough. There’s refrigerated drink storage, as well as ample general storage throughout.
The 38 Billfish’s command deck holds a salon-like living area that includes a port-side U-shaped dinette and a fiberglass hi-lo table. A comfortable lounge to starboard also serves as rod storage. You have the option of equipping your 38 Billfish with a second lower helm station on the starboard side.
The 38 Open’s command deck also has ample seating, with port and starboard L-shaped lounges and storage below. A raised centerline command station gives the driver excellent sightlines and is equipped with a fiberglass helm pod, power-assist hydraulic steering with stainless steel wheel and Palm Beach style controls. Viking’s Palm Beach Towers can outfit the 38 Open with a custom tuna tower with a second helm and a buggy top.
Like her convertible brethren, the 38 Billfish’s flybridge is designed with a tournament-style center console walk-around helm. Like the 38 Open, the 38 Billfish has Palm Beach style controls and power-assist hydraulic steering. Seating includes a single Release Marine teak chair (a second helm chair is optional) and lounges to port and starboard and a forward console seat. A three-sided Costa Clear enclosure provides weather protection. For both the 38 Billfish and 38 Open, our subsidiary Atlantic Marine Electronics can build and install an A-to-Z package of navigation and communication equipment to deliver the boat turnkey ready.
For accommodations below, each boat has a unique and functional configuration. The 38 Billfish dedicates much of its space for overnight livability, with a forward stateroom, an L-shaped galley and a head with enclosed shower. The 38 Open has a layout geared more toward day boating, featuring a starboard-side sofa with storage. The galley and head with enclosed shower are positioned on the port side. Both galleys are appointed with Corian countertops, two-burner electric stoves, microwave/convection ovens, cabinet storage and under-counter drawer-style refrigeration with built-in ice makers.
The 38 Billfish is offered with island queen or crossover berth arrangements and is equipped with two hanging lockers, while the 38 Open has a lower double bunk and an upper single with a starboard-side hanging locker.
As Viking continues to develop the Billfish series, our building methods and materials have gained efficiency, which adds even more value to these boats. A modified vinylester resin is used in the entire hull skin. End-grain balsa and closed-cell foam are used as coring materials in selected areas for optimized strength and stiffness while minimizing weight. The single integral fiberglass fuel tank, sealed to the hull with resin foam, is resin infused with balsa coring on all sides for stiffness. The hull-to-deck joint is mechanically fastened every three inches and fiberglassed inside.
For ease of maintenance, each engine and other critical machinery is located beneath electrically-actuated hatches in the command deck area. The Billfish is designed and built with many of the same mechanical systems, components and technologies found on larger Vikings. Examples include the Delta-T engineroom ventilation system and a fire suppression system that’s automatically or manually operated and tied into the main engine and generator ignitions.
Running gear includes Class “S” pitch tolerance propellers with dynamic balancing and bronze struts, seacocks and rudders. The engineroom, lazarette and forward bilges are painted with Snow White Awlgrip for increased visibility and ease of maintenance. A large centerline hatch exposes the house and starting batteries, the 9kW generator, and the optional Seakeeper SK 6 gyro stabilizer. Both the 38 Billfish and 38 Open are powered with twin Cummins QSB6.7 diesels with 550 MHP.
Optional, Standard Equipment
- VIKING ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY – STD
- LAYOUT: ONE STATEROOM – STD
- LAYOUT: CENTERLINE FULL – STD
- LAYOUT: GLOSS FINISH THROUGHOUT – STD
- LAYOUT: INTERIOR WOOD TO BE JUNO TEAK – STD
- ENG RM: INSTALL ONAN 9KW GENERATOR – STD
- FB: FIBERGLASS HARDTOP with Molded-in spreader lights
- FB: 5 ROCKET LAUNCHER
- COSTA CLEAR THREE SIDED FLYBRIDGE ENCLOSURE TO BACK OF HELM WITH ONE UPPER VENT
- FB: CENTER RIGGER
- FB: STANDARD HORNS – STD
- FB: S&I TEAK FINISH FIBERGLASS HELM POD
- COMMAND DECK: COSTA CLEAR AFT COMMAND DECK ENCLOSURE
- COMMAND DECK: AIR CONDITIONING ON COMMAND DECK
- COCKPIT: CRM-50 CORD REEL
- COCKPIT: OUTRIGGERS, RUPP WITH SPREADERS
- COCKPIT: TRANSOM COAMING WITH GATE AND FISH BOX – STD
- COCKPIT: PLUMB TRANSOM BOX AS LIVE WELL WITHOUT WINDOW AND LIGHT – STD
- HULL COLOR: CUSTOM HULL COLOR – GEL COAT
- HULL: BOTTOM PAINT BLACK – N/C
- GALLEY: UNDERCOUNTER REFRIGERATOR AND FREEZERS WITH DRAWERS – STD
- DECOR: SMART DECOR – STD
- DELIVERY: WATER DELIVERY KIT W/TOOL SET – STD
- ENG RM: PREP AND PREWIRE ONLY FOR WATER MAKER
- HULL: INSTALL SEAKEEPER GYRO SK6
- HEADS: SEALAND HEAD SYSTEM – STD
- FB: S&I LED FLOODLIGHTS IN HARDTOP NON PBT BOATS ONLY – STD
- FB: VHF RADIO ICOM-506 – STD
- FB:CUMMINS IB JOYSTICK SYSTEM 1/JOYSTICK INCL. THRUSTER W/BUTTONS IN PB HANDLES
- FB: RECESSED ELECTRIC TEASER REELS 24VDC MIYA EPOCH US9HD MODEL
- FB: PREP FOR AME ELECTRONICS
- COMMAND DECK: CUMMINS INBOARD JOYSTICK AT COMMAND DECK
- COMMAND DECK: ADDITONAL LOWER STATION
- COCKPIT: 2 ROD HOLDERS IN EACH HAUNCH, TOTAL OF 4
- COCKPIT: TWO 24V 30AMP OUTLETS FORWARD UNDER COAMING, ONE ON EACH SIDE
- COCKPIT: S&I (2) 12VDC 30 AMP OUTLETS UNDER COAMING, ONE ON EACH SIDE
- COCKPIT: PREP AND PREWIRE FOR CRUSHED ICE MACHINE
- DECK EXT: BOOT STRIPE (SPECIFY COLOR) NON METALLIC – NC
- DECK/EXT: FRESH WATER WASHDOWN AT BOW INSIDE ANCHOR LOCKER – STD
- DECK/EXT: BOW RAIL AS PER CUSTOMER SPECS BOW RAIL MUST BE ABYC COMPLIANT. SALES TO PROVIDE DRAWINGS/SKETCHES TO METAL SHOP, RELEASED BY ENGINEERING NOT APPROVED – ADDL
- DECK/EXT: ANCHOR BRACKET IN ANCHOR LOCKER (ONLY AVAILABLE WITH NO PULPIT – STD
- GALLEY: TWO BURNER RECESSED MOUNT RANGE – STD
- GALLEY: S&I WOOD BACK SPLASH – TBD
- GALLEY: FAUCET TO BE SATIN NICKEL – STD
- MSR HEAD: ONE PIECE CUSTOM FRAMELESS GLASS SHOWER DOOR – STD
- MSR HEAD: CORIAN VANITY COUNTERTOP WITH BONE SINK (COLOR)
- MSH: SHOWER FIXTURES TO BE SATIN NICKEL – STD
- MSH: TOWEL BARS & RINGS TO BE BRUSHED NICKEL – STD
- MSH: FAUCET TO BE SATIN NICKEL -STD
- DECOR: SALON DOOR TYPE CATCHES ON STATEROOM DOORS -STD
- DECOR: CUSTOM WALLPAPER MATERIAL: – STD
- DECOR: CUSTOM WALLPAPER INSTALLATION: – STD
- DECOR: BRUSHED NICKEL HARDWARE THROUGHOUT – STD
- DECOR: BRUSHED NICKEL COVERPLATES FOR SWITCHES & RECEPTACLES THROUGHOUT – STD
- DECOR: SATIN NICKEL INTERIOR LIGHT TRIM THROUGHOUT -STD
- DECOR: LED INTERIOR LIGHTS THROUGHOUT – STD
- DECOR: AMTICO TEAK AND HOLLY THROUGHOUT – STD
- DELIVERY: FUEL – STD
- Anticorrosion Clear Protectant on all metal including outriggers
- Atlantic Marine Electronics
- Rig Outriggers – Tournament Style
- Proportional Bow Thruster upgrade
- Delivery Charges and Make ready
Below deck, hand-finished, high-gloss teak and Amtico flooring complement an elegant climate-controlled living environment. The private forward stateroom beckons tired bodies after long days of fishing. Ample storage includes a pair of hanging lockers with drawers underneath, a huge port-side rod locker and a starboard-side upper cabinet.
The private head, which is conveniently located immediately to port of the companionway stairs, has a large walk-in shower with satin nickel fixtures, an attractive Corian-topped vanity with sink and storage and an upper medicine cabinet with mirrored doors.
The starboard-side L-shaped galley is fully appointed with a Corian countertop, a two-burner electric stove (with cover), a microwave/convection oven, cabinet storage and under-counter drawer-style refrigeration with a built-in ice maker.
Command Deck and Cockpit
The command deck serves as a salon-like space that can be completely enclosed and air conditioned. You have the option of equipping your 38 Billfish with a second lower helm station on the starboard side for quick cockpit access. For overnight accommodations, the private forward stateroom is offered with island queen or crossover berth arrangements.
The cockpit, at 109 square feet, has room for the entire crew or family and is built with the same fishing equipment and flybridge design as our legendary convertibles