Recently, I was at the Regulator factory on a Wednesday meeting a new boat customer, when I learned that the new triple engine 34 was about to go in the water for the Engineering and Management staff to learn all the ins and outs. I was offered the opportunity to sea trial just before they all showed, up at the historic Edenton waterfront, so naturally, I accepted!
What an awesome package! She comes out of the hole with absolutely no bow rise and runs exactly as one would expect from a Regulator deep V hull. Anyone who has been aboard a 34 knows what I mean. This boat will eat up a chop, turn on a dime with no cavitation, and put a big grin on your face with over 62 mph top speed and easy 40+ mph cruise! Some other new features on this 2015 model are:
- Painted white engines
- Integrated ladder on the Armstrong bracket. It hides away in the bracket, but is easily accessed from the water or from the bracket.
- “Faux teak” look on the bracket with the new Flexiteek Marine decking option
- In deck insulated fishbox with macerator to supplement the transom fishbox
- Helm air conditioner option which blows cool air from inside the console to vents on the console
- Multi-colored underwater LED lights,
- Raymarine Offshore electronics package with 2 “Glass dash” gs165 displays
- Entertainment upgrade package to supplement the standard Fusion 7001 stereo with 8 JL speakers, a 1600 watt amp and sub woofer
This triple engine boat also has Yamaha Helm Master, an optional joystick control that allows the helmsman to use a joystick for precise slow speed and docking control. This system relies on electronic steering which is most certainly the wave of the future.
Bluewater has our first 2015 Regulator 34 with triple Yamaha 300’s and a Backcove Gray hull coming in August! We can’t wait to show it to you!